You can help save the ECI – take part in the consultation!
After years of campaigning with you to demand that the European Union needs an ECI that works, the European Commission responded to our plea and announced that it will propose a revision to the ECI this year!
Over 75,000 of you supported strengthening the ECI in the past, and now we are closer than ever to an enhanced, user-friendly and easily accessible ECI that works. We need your participation now more than ever.
You now have the unique opportunity to share your views and concerns on the ECI with the European Commission. A Public Consultation in the form of a questionnaire published by the Commission allows you to easily take part in the ECI Revision process, which will be open until 16th August.
How to complete the Questionnaire
To make it as simple as possible for you to participate in the Public Consultation, The ECI Campaign along with Democracy International, Mehr Demokratie and ECAS teamed together to provide you with suggested responses that will produce an ECI that is simplified, more accessible and more powerful. How to participate:
- Go to https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/European_citizens_initiative
- You have the possibility to change the language on the right-hand side.
- Fill out the questionnaire. You can use our suggested answers to guide you through the questions.
- Should you be willing to add individual comments to the free spaces in the questionnaire, you will find some suggestions in the guide, too.
- If you prefer to follow a PDF version of the suggested answers, you can download it here.
- Submit the answers before the deadline of August 16th.
- You can also read our positions here.
Let us know that you are taking part, so that we can follow up with strong pressure on the European Commission and keep you informed on the progress: